We're selling more of our delicious Guayusa powder recently so we thought we'd share a few of our favourite recipes with you.
While you can use Guayusa powder to make a normal tea (say using a coffee filter, and treating the powder like coffee grounds) or even just stirring it into hot water you can also use it to power your shakes, cereals and bakes :)
Read on to see the ingredients and methods you'll need to use to create:
- Black Forest Guayusa Powder Balls
- Guayusa Powder Power Protein Flapjacks
- Guayusa Powder Smoothie
Black Forest Guayusa Powder Balls
If you're in a rush the recipe below is sure to be a winner. You don't even need to switch the oven on!
These chewy and flavourful balls are truly delicious, naturally energising and rolled in our premium Guayusa powder.
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates
- 7 x sour cherries in syrup
- 1/2 cup pf almonds
- 2 x tbl sp of cocoa powder
- 1 x tsp of Guayusa powder
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend into a sticky mixture.
- Roll into truffle sized balls (damp hands advisable)
- Dip half into cocoa powder and sprinkle with a little Guayusa powder to decorate.
Guayusa Powder Power Protein Flapjacks
Everyone loves a flapjack, but even more so when they're healthy and homemade - like these ones!
With the extra unique flavour and caffeine-power of Guayusa powder, these flapjacks are sure to be a firm favourite.
- 1 x cup of oats and coconut flour mix
- 2/3 cup of dried fruit, nut, seed mix of your choice
- 1 x cup of pitted dates
- 1/3 cup of cashews
- 1 x orange (zested and juiced)
- 3 tsp Guayusa powder
- 1/3 cup of Agave or honey
- Mix oats, flour, orange zest and dried fruits, nuts and seeds of your choosing.
- Put dates, Guayusa powder, cashews and orange juice in blender and blend to a sticky paste.
- Add water if necessary.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and add the agave or honey to help bind the mixture.
- Put mixture into a lined tin (per normal flapjacks) and use the back of a spoon to press mixture down firmly.
- Put in oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool. Cut into squares and store in the fridge.
Guayusa Powder Smoothie
Why not get the best possible start to the day with a delicious Guayusa powder smoothie for breakfast?
Beyond the long-lasting energy you'll get from the banana, dates and peanut butter, the slow-release and sustained caffeine energy from our tasty Guayusa powder is sure to take your smoothie consumption to new heights!
- 1 x banana
- 6 x pitted dates
- 1 x large tbl spn of peanut butter
- 1 x tspn of Guayusa powder
- 1 x cup of oat milk (or any other plant based milk of your choice)
- A squirt of Agave or honey
- A few ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Serve in your favourite glass with extra ice.
For even more yumminess add a couple of squares of dark chocolate and blend with all other ingredients. You’re welcome 😉
Don't forget to share your creations with us @theguayusaco (on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!) - oh and you can stock up on your Guayusa powder here!